Creating an Appointment/Consultation
You can create a new appointment either by double-clicking a time slot in the Schedule. The 'New appointment entry' window will appear:
Enter the following details:
- Client - start typing the client name or number and select the intended client from the drop-down list. Note that the names of this clients' animals are listed in the drop-down list, which can make it easier to find the correct patient in the next step.
- Patient - start typing the patient name and select from the resulting drop-down list.
- Enter the reason for the consultation.
Modify the start and end times if necessary and then click Create appointment.
Viewing or Editing Appointments
Appointments can only be edited prior to completion - once their status is set to 'Completed' or 'Cancelled' they become read only.
Appointment times can be changed simply by dragging and dropping the appointment between time slots. You can also change the doctor or room for appointments by dragging them between columns in the 'Person' or 'Room' views.
To view or edit an appointment, simply double click it and choose Edit from the drop-down list.
Don't forget to save the appointment if you edit it.
The following appointment statuses are currently supported:
- Arrived (signifies the client has arrived and is waiting to be seen)
- Started (appointment is in progress)
You can also delete the appointment by clicking the red trash can at the top of the edit appointment screen. This deletes the appointment altogether - we recommend cancelling rather than deleting appointments, as this maintains a record of the cancelled appointment in the schedule.
Creating a Consultation
Create or open an existing consultation from the edit appointment screen simply by clicking on the stethoscope icon. If there is already a consultation associated with this appointment you will be taken to this consultation, otherwise a new consultation will be created.