The sales report is designed to provide quick and easy access to revenue, cost and profit reporting.
Accessing the Sales Report
Access the sales report by clicking Analytics >> Sales. You can change the date range for the report using the 'From' and 'To' boxes at the top left of the screen.
Panacea automatically calculates reporting intervals based on the date range selected. for example, if you select a date range of 12 months, the reporting interval will be monthly. If you select a range of one month then the reporting interval will be weekly, with each week ending on a Sunday.
If you select a date range of greater than one year then the reporting interval will be annually, with each year ending 31 December.
The Sales Report Explained
- Date: The date range for the reporting interval
- Revenue: Total tax exclusive sales during the reporting interval. This includes cash sales that are completed (i.e. have been paid) and all on account sales (irrespective of whether they are closed or not)
- Cost: Cost of goods sold during the reporting interval
- Profit: The gross profit on sales during the reporting interval (calculated by subtracting cost of goods sold from revenue)
- Margin (%): Gross margin on sales during the reporting interval
- Tax: Tax collected on sales during the reporting interval